Friday, May 24, 2013

Cookie Butter vs. Red Velvet Pancakes @ Pancake House

I saw Pancake House's Designer Pancakes on a billboard and I wanted to try it as soon as possible. I have never tried the Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter before-- ugh, always out of stock. And I just love Red Velvet. I've tried different, numerous Red Velvets and I know which ones are good and which aren't.

So I invited my office mates to try the two with me. This blog post shall then be about...
  
 COOKIE BUTTER PANCAKE (P258)
-VERSUS-
RED VELVET PANCAKE (P218)

The Cookie Butter Pancake was faaaaaar from what I expected (peg: billboard photo). I know I shouldn't be surprised but I was just disappointed. Come on! I expected Cookie Butter to ooze from its layers. That's what the billboard photo says! Plus they used mini-pancakes. Didn't look like mini-pancakes in the billboard too.

























So well anyway, I could only taste the pancakes. Those bland fluffy flour cakes that don't have much taste except when topped with butter and syrup. That generous amount of Cookie Butter on top? That was incredibly yummy! No wonder people are going gaga over an overpriced Cookie Butter jar. Surely, it could have tasted better if they used more Cookie Butter. 

For the Red Velvet, well--- I liked it better just because it had taste. The chocolate chips were bittersweet and present in every bite. It added flavor and strength to the (red) pancakes which I liked but my office mates didn't like.The white frosting on top was good too. It was light and partly sweet, partly sour (which I believe a good Red Velvet frosting should be! Not that sweet, vanilla-ish type). The walnuts added a twist (and better than the cinnamon and corn flakes used in the Cookie Butter pancakes).

























So if I had to choose between them, it would be the Red Velvet because it had more taste, more value for the money, and was more fulfilling to the stomach. My office mates agree!

1 comments:

  1. Curious about that cookie butter pancakes. I love cookie butter!!

    ReplyDelete