Tuesday, July 3, 2012

KKK @ SM Megamall


Belated happy birthday, Ayessa!!! :)

Funny, Ayessa didn't really invite me. Her sister did. They wanted to surprise her so I was flattered that they chose me to do the honorable job (Note: We were only four in the group: Me, the birthday girl, and her sisters). I haven't seen Ayessa since college, and I don't think I'm the person she would want to see :)) But nevertheless, I enjoyed and I think they did too (because Ayessa kept bullying me that night).

We ate at KKK, SM Megamall, a Filipino restaurant with a "Fiesta" theme. Since my latest review post was about Kanin Club (KC), also a restaurant that's famous for their Filipino dishes, I will attempt to compare and contrast.












Ambiance is, like I said, fiesta celebration in nature, bright, well-lit, not like KC that features dark wooden panes and stained glass to represent the inside of a traditional house.














They have smaller servings than KC, but they're well-plated, well-presented and they're very delicious. Their Binagoongang Lechon Kawali (P290) is perfect. Crunchy skin, soft meat, complimenting sauce. We also ordered Sinigang na Salmon (P290), and since I love salmon, I loved this! And for dessert, buko pandan-- placed inside a buko!<3 They gave us complimentary iced teas to taste-- pandan and tanglad (lemon grass).













Food in KKK and KC are both good so I can't decide..............

But if I were given a million-bucks and I really had to choose one, I would choose KKK because it doesn't give me the umay feeling I get from KC.

As for prices, their ranges are as follows:

Seafood:                                  Veggies:                        Pork:                       Soups:
KKK- P250 - P380                P150 - P300            P250 - P500            P180 - P350
KC-    P216 - P298                P150 - P260            P180 - P400             P290 - P190

Relatively, KKK is more expensive, but you get to enjoy both "home cooked" and "luxury" in one. Plus, it's not always that you get to see a jeepney inside a restaurant.
























Missed you all! And I love you to bits!
(In picture: Nina, Ate DG-- the one who invited me, Ayessa-- the birthday girl, and I :D)

1 comments: